Saturday, December 7, 2013

November

So this post is titled November but I'm going to start with the end of October when Ryan and Robert, from the United Methodist Northwest Texas Conference flew up here to check on how we are doing and how Josh's classes are going. It was a nice time and a treat to see some fellow Texans, talk about ministry, what to expect in the following years and to be reminded that there is a great support system in our home conference.

At the end of October, the Red Sox won the World Series! So Boston CELEBRATED! We got to go to the Championship parade and see the duck boats and the trophy!




Then my parents came to visit! It was a sweet treat! We went to the museum of fine arts. Here are just a couple of my favorite paintings...





We went to the New England Aquarium which had great penguins!


We took a train out to Salem to eat at the Lobster Shanty, famous for lobster martinis (gross!) and lobster Mac and cheese which was delicious!! As it was November much of the witch festivities were closed but I can't wait to go next October.


(The first "witch" hung in result of the unfair trials. )

It was so nice to show my parents around our new home and to have them here to share in the city!



As many of you already know I have taken a new job (Praise God!) as a nanny for a family that lives in downtown Boston! It such a fun job and so nice to be in the city. I adore the kids and we are always on the go! It's a sweet baby boy and preschool aged girl! I have been there three weeks and I can already tell we are going to go on lots of adventures!

I enjoyed the people I met at my previous job, and I was so thankful for God's provision in it, but now I have a job that speaks to my heart and my gifts and it's such a blessing.

Josh is really enjoying his classes and has written many papers. After this week is finals. I have no idea where the semester went.  I'm so proud of the hard work he is putting in to succeed  and pursue his calling.  His youth group is coming together and doing many things. He is preparing to teach confirmation classes in January at our church.

Lily has enjoyed the cooler weather that November brought and seems to be doing well! We need to find a dog park for her but that might have to wait until April...

So that's November up until thanksgiving (which I'll post about soon!) it was a fast month but one where we felt we were finally settled here!

No comments:

Post a Comment