Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snow

It snows here.

It REALLY SNOWS here. 

6-10 inches on Saturday which did not melt before the 4-8 inches that is currently happening. 




Autumn is a dirty trick.
It's beautiful, enchanting, downright breathtaking; luring you into a false security that the world is a lovely place bursting with color and rapturous scenery. No. These leaves  are leaving before the bitter bully known as the northern wind can throw them down onto a hard icy ground. 

Of course many of you are wondering "what did you expect moving to the north?"  Let me assure you I love Massachusetts, but snow is just not my cup of tea. (Although a hot cup of tea has soothed my pain)  

I promise I am making an effort. I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy it since we likely won't live in a climate like this again. I tell myself it's pretty, and magical and sparkly. 




(These are of Trinity church in Copley square.)



But then I fall three times in one day and I find myself saying rather rude things about the snow. 

One good thing is that we don't have a car here so we don't have to dig it out of the mounds of snow. We also don't have to worry about it rusting from the salty slush that results from city driving. 



It's all in how you look at it, right? 




.....How many days until summer? 


On a positive note Mrs. Mallard and her  ducklings don't seem to mind the ice and snow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment