Saturday, October 26, 2013

Josh on B.U.





This post is to show off my (Josh) new school: Boston University School of Theology.




Established in 1839 as a Methodist Seminary called the Newbury Biblical Institute, Boston University has grown to become one of the largest private universities at nearly 30,000 students. This campus literally has everything. Downtown Boston and Fenway park are right in its backyard. However, I spend the majority of my time in central campus at the School of Theology.  



This is Marsh Chapel. It stands next door to my school and serves as the central point of campus. Beautiful inside. In front of the chapel is what's called Marsh Plaza which is a large space where everything from a weekly Farmer's Market to the filming of the Ellen Degeneres show takes place. In the center of Marsh Plaza is a memorial to Martin Luther King who walked the halls of the School of Theology. 



This is tough to read in this picture, but it is the MLK memorial. BU has several known alumni from MLK to Howard Thurman to Bill O'Reilly to Howard Stern to Bill Simmons.



This has been one of my favorite spots on campus so far this semester. We've been lucky enough to have gorgeous weather so far. This place has a great gym, a fantastic library, and some cool restaurants, bars, and coffee shops, but I'm trying to take advantage of the outdoors before the long winter ahead. This space has been inviting and it's right behind my school. 


BU runs along the Charles River which is the border between Boston and Cambridge. There is a jogging/biking trail that runs along the entire river along with several parks. Its peaceful to watch the sail boats after class. 



Everyone has been concerned about how I get around. Well, the public transportation system is very well organized and simple. However, many students bike as well. The city is very bike friendly. Its been fun biking to campus. I am not planning on facing the weather though.

It has been an interesting time thus far. I look forward to the rest of my time in seminary and experiencing New England.






No comments:

Post a Comment